This little natural skin care beauty mask is so simple and easy to make, plus I just finished testing it out and I have to say my skin feels so soft... literally like silk. It only uses two ingredients and you probably have them in your kitchen right now.
Benefits of Honey in Natural Skin CareHoney is a lush golden delight that is ideal for all skin types. It is beautifully nourishing, softening and hydrating for your skin. Honey is a valued ingredient in skincare known for it's antibacterial, soothing, protective and moisturising qualities. It has been used in many cultures for it's powerful healing properties.
Benefits of Turmeric in Natural Skin Care
We love Turmeric as it has some pretty amazing benefits for your skin and that is why you can find it in our Ultra C radiance Serum and Cacao and Banana Face Glow. Turmeric is helpful for keeping your skin soft and giving a luminous glow. In skin care, turmeric is known to have antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is used to soothe, cleanse and give skin a healthy glow. Turmeric is rich in curcumin which is the polyphenol responsible for its yellow colour and has shown via in vitro study to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity.
Turmeric is also known to help reduce pigmentation, brighten and give your skin a more even tone, while also helping to calm and soothe red, irritated and sensitive skin.
HONEY + TURMERIC NATURAL SKIN CARE MASK
1 tablespoon of honey (we love to use our local raw honey)
1/4 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder
Just two ingredients... super simple, super easy.
- In a small clean and dry bowl add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix with spoon until thoroughly combined to form a paste...which looks a little like caramel really.
- With a mask brush or your finger will work just fine too, apply an even liberal amount to your face avoiding your eye area.
- Leave on for 10 minutes... relax, read a book or have a cup of tea or a nice glass of wine.
- To remove simply dampen a washcloth with warm water and gently remove or wash off in shower.
- For best results we recommend finishing with your favourite face mist and face oil. We love Kyella Rose Antioxidant Mist and Ultra C Radiance Serum.
If you liked this post you may also like some of our other natural skin care diy recipes on the blog. You can find some here
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, we would love you to share it on your social networks with your friends so they can benefit from it too.
Don't forget to sign up to become a Little Alchemist VIP so you never miss the latest news, deals and free natural skin care recipes, plus you also get 10% off your next order. You can sign up here it only takes a moment and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Love, The Little Alchemist x